- Northeast News to close: latest casualty of shifting economyPosted 1 year ago
- Stop Safe coordinator: BC needs to increase fines for school bus stop sign infractionsPosted 1 year ago
- Site C job fairs announced for Peace RegionPosted 1 year ago
- New digital mobile mammography vehicles coming to the PeacePosted 1 year ago
- RCMP searching for WagmanPosted 1 year ago
- Identity of man found dead after Charlie Lake standoff confirmed by BC Coroners ServicePosted 1 year ago
- Dawson Creek Reiki practitioner finds a loyal clientele in the PeacePosted 1 year ago
- Alaska Highway reopened after collisionPosted 1 year ago
- Dawson Creek mayor wants to bring Kindness Meters to D.C.Posted 1 year ago
- Northern BC to get Nurse PractitionersPosted 1 year ago
Standoff ends with suspect dead
CHARLIE LAKE – After an 11 hour standoff, the man who was the main suspect was found dead late last night in his home, RCMP confirmed. The child has since been in care of relatives.
Police were called to the home Saturday morning in response to a possible domestic violence incident in a house located on Rimrock Dr. The police set up a containment area and tried to speak with the suspect but were unsuccessful.
More to come.